Why Need Concrete Inspection?
The purpose of inspection is to ensure that the materials and workmanship provided by the contractor comply with the relevant codes, ordinances, plans and specifications. In order to make sure the concrete structure is firm, we provide relevant inspection process for building, tunnel, bridge and any others reinforced concrete building.
In order to determine the quality of concrete on site, it shall undergo quality tests. Here are 6 common quality tests on concrete before and after completion of casting on site.
Reasons for Conducting Inspections
Inspections of concrete structures are carried out for one or more of the following reasons:
- To determine the present condition of the structure
- To determine the type and extent of deterioration
- To determine the causes of deterioration and whether the deterioration is still active
- To estimate the rate of deterioration
- To estimate the time remaining before repair or replacement
- To estimate the effects of deterioration on serviceability if repair or replacement is deferred
- To determine if the proposed changes to the structure will affect the structure’-s safety and service life
- To estimate the most cost-effective means to prevent further deterioration to the structure
- To study the performance of a material under a specific exposure condition